By Andrew K. Reese
What Is Green?
- Energy consumption — the electricity, gas and fuel consumed by your company and/or your entire supply chain.
- O2 & other emissions — greenhouse gases emitted by you and your supply chain, as well as other types of emissions into the air that could be detrimental to air quality, including ozone depletion.
- Materials — including waste and scrap, recycling materials, packaging, what you put into sewers and landfills.
- Hazardous materials — including chemicals, substances and materials.
- Natural resources — how you and your supply chain use water, for example, and how you relate to the natural habitats, your policies on species protection and so forth.
- Building standards — Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
Customers Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
Market Forces ModusLink
Understanding the Impact
Views on the End Game