Boulder, Colo.—July 11, 2014—mShopper, a mobile commerce platform provider, announced version 4.1 of its mStore. With the addition of new user-experience (UX) improvements, universal navigation, extensive use of product imagery, custom faceted search and more, mShopper’s new mStore is set up to help online retailers drive conversions and improve sales.
“In today’s world of instant demand and wildly distracted mobile shoppers, online stores need to deliver an outstanding user interface that lets their customers get to the buy button as quickly as possible. As a mobile commerce platform provider, our obsession is to help online retailers capture more traffic and convert that traffic into incremental sales,” said mShopper CEO David Gould. “Our mission is to make a sale as easy and intuitive as possible. Efficient UX improves conversion rates while reducing page views per session.”
mShopper incorporated user experience elements in developing its newest mobile commerce solution. Key new features include:
- Nevergoback, which lets shoppers move forward in their session without having to go backwards to search, browse, or edit shopping cart contents and payment details.
- Visicart that lets users see their purchases in shopping cart and checkout pages.
- Universal navigation to allow retailers to dynamically configure optimum search and browse elements that are accessible from every page in mStore.
- Custom faceted search, which creates filtering on product attributes and keywords for every product category.
- Responsive design to serve up the best experience for any smartphone or tablet, while improving page load times over first-generation responsive sites.
- Mobile Traffic Configurator that empowers marketers to configure precise percentages of traffic by device for built in A/B testing.
- Flexible live tile layout with JQuery reverts for easy viewing and immediate presentation of critical product information.
- Global positioning system (GPS) store locator for finding nearby physical locations.
- Unlimited custom pages with full HTML that can be launched on the fly.
- Time-bombed curated sales, which can be created to target customers based on season, merchandising needs or even time of day.
- SMS marketing and SMS-based abandoned cart automation for timed follow-up messages or offers to customers who don’t complete their transaction.
Because mShopper’s platform is powered by a data feed, any online retailer can be live within a matter of days. A full array of application program interfaces (APIs) is also available for customers who want to seamlessly integrate with existing shopping carts, payment gateways or marketing automation solutions.
Lawrence Latham, a senior strategist with consultancy James Brehm & Associates, said, “The U.S. mobile commerce market is expected to grow from a nearly $9.75 billion market today to over $130 billion in 2020 with a compound annual growth rate of over 55 percent. Mobile commerce is changing how consumers purchase goods and services, and how companies go to market. The retailers that can best exploit technology and data analytics will be the winners.”
mShopper focuses its product development using statistics and feedback gathered from their customer base. By tracking key performance metrics, mShopper is able to build the features into their products that their customers need to be successful in the fast-moving world of online retail.
“With mobile commerce being one of the fastest growing retail channels, we made the decision early on to make it one of our customer offerings,” said Dream Essentials Marketing Executive Mark Powell. “The team at mShopper helped get us up and running quickly using our existing data feed. And, with their suite of marketing and conversion tools, we’re able to constantly monitor and improve our performance.”