Ann Arbor, Mich.—May 2014—CIMdata, Inc., a global product lifecycle management (PLM) strategic management consulting and research firm, announced the release of the CIMdata 2014 Executive PLM Market Report. This report provides an executive-level view of CIMdata’s comprehensive analysis of the PLM market, with summary charts on the overall market and on specific PLM solution segments. It also includes perspectives on current trends in the PLM industry, and how they may affect current suppliers and investments.
PLM Market Sector Sizes in 2013 (US$ Millions)
Based on CIMdata estimates, the PLM market grew 4.8 percent in 2013 to $35 billion. “The PLM market started strongly in 2013, and then growth trailed off in the second half of the year, replicating the performance of 2012,” according to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s vice president of research. “The segment growth rates were much lower in 2013 than in recent years. Mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD) revenues were mostly flat in both sub-segments that CIMdata tracks. Even simulation and analysis (S&A), the fastest growing segment over the last few years, grew at a slower rate of 7.1 percent.”
This report is the first of five modules of the CIMdata 2014 Market Analysis Report (MAR) Series to be released. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during calendar year 2013. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2014 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2013, forecasts of investments for 2014 through 2018 and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2013.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end-user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2013, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including tools, collaborative product data management (cPDm) and digital manufacturing. The tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, S&A, electronic design automation (EDA) and more. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2014 through 2018.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2013 market results by major geography. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM, and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2013 market results. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.