Ann Arbor, Mich.—June 27, 2014—CIMdata, Inc., the global product lifecycle management (PLM) strategic management consulting and research firm, announced the expansion of its Collaborative Innovation and Social Product Development consulting practice. While research continues in the respective Knowledge Council, this consulting practice concentrates on the development and adoption of strategies, processes, and technologies to enhance collaboration and connectivity across enterprises, as well as their extended enterprise participants. This allows the increased use of collective intelligence, thus improving innovation and the return on investment from new product development.
As part of this expansion, Peter Bilello, president of CIMdata, announced that Dr. Suna Polat is going to lead the practice. Dr. Polat’s title will be director of the Collaborative Innovation and Social Product Development Consulting Practice. “We are very pleased that Dr. Polat will be leading this expanded practice with other senior staff members to expand CIMdata’s strategic management consulting capabilities,” stated Bilello.
“Collaboration is essential to innovation, and executing new ideas and products for sustained profitability and business growth, as well as societal impact for nonprofits,” said Dr. Polat. In recent years, global connectivity increased exponentially thanks to web and mobile technologies.
Yet, enterprises are struggling to achieve the value creation potential of the social technologies that, according to a 2012 McKinsey Global Institute report, is in the range of $900 million to $1.3 trillion. The same report attributes the two-thirds of this value creation potential to collaboration within and across the enterprise. Given this potential, it is important that businesses learn how to collaborate better, and leverage social and mobile technologies more effectively across their networks.
With this expanded consulting practice, CIMdata offers a portfolio of strategic management consulting services for industrial organizations, as well as for social software and other PLM-enabling solution providers. These services and deliverables include:
- Providing leadership in research to assess the state of organizational connectivity and collaboration in large organizations and networks.
- Defining and implementing organizational strategies by using case studies and best practices within the construct of enterprise innovation management and PLM processes.
- Assessing the technologies, processes, organizational culture and maturity levels for exploiting social technologies to increase productivity.
- Providing industrial firms practical technology implementation recommendations.
- Offering workshops to facilitate education and collaboration between industries and solution providers.
- Developing and validating technology roadmaps with return-on-investment (ROI) benefit models for the deployment of new processes and technologies.
This consulting practice leverages CIMdata’s more than 30 years of experience serving industry organizations and solution providers with strategic management consulting, market research and analysis, and best practices education.