Long Beach, Calif.—Nov. 22, 2013—Dassault Systèmes announced general availability of the Apriso FlexNet Manufacturing Process Intelligence (MPI) 3.0 and Quality Intelligence Pack. This operational intelligence product from Apriso, now a part of Dassault Systèmes’ DELMIA brand, lets manufacturers better manage and execute quality programs, in real time, to address today’s key production and quality management challenges.
“Nearly half of all manufacturers surveyed experience difficulty effectively measuring quality key performance indicators. It is likely that too many disparate systems and data sources, as well as the organizational view of quality, are major contributors to this challenge. An effective metrics program requires buy-in from leadership and other personnel, but it also requires a strong information technology (IT) architecture that captures and provides visibility into performance data,” explained Mathew Littlefield, president and principle analyst at LNS Research.
By leveraging Apriso’s MPI 3.0, manufacturers can more readily manage the proliferation of event data to identify quality issues faster, resulting in accelerated resolution. Expanded visibility into products, suppliers, machines, shifts, dates, departments or facilities gives manufacturers access to quickly identify potential quality issues, which can then be contained to better manage any broader impact these issues may cause. By compressing time-to-resolution, MPI 3.0 effectively reduces the cost of quality.
The new Intelligence Pack extends MPI’s capabilities beyond production and machine intelligence to manage quality with features that include:
- Streamlined, accelerated quality inspections and defect analysis.
- Extended supplier quality analysis with visual dashboards.
- Key quality metrics monitoring.
New MPI 3.0 features include:
- Expanded Excel support to create analysis definitions that can be shared.
- An improved Web-based viewer to support online analysis and visualization.
- Data that can be retrieved efficiently and accurately from many third-party solutions.
- Support of Microsoft SQL 2012 or SQL 2008 R2, and upgrade from 2008 to 2012.