Key components of the Agile 9 platform include:
- Common Services — Agile says that version 9 is built to be a services-oriented architecture. As part of this architecture, Agile offers a common set of services that provide consistency across all its applications. New features include event notification and subscriptions, full-text search and directory services. Common services in Agile 9 also include improvements to the common architecture, document management, security, workflow and administration.
- Integration Framework — Agile 9 introduces a new set of tools for integrating Agile to other applications and systems, both within the enterprise and between business partners. The tools are based on standards such as XML, JMS, PDX/Rosetta Net and Web services standards using SOAP/WSDL. New features include standard XML-based publish and subscribe, bi-directional Web services support and process extensions.
- Analytics Framework — Version 9 features a new decision support platform designed to help customers develop and deploy PLM reporting and analysis solutions. The improved reporting functionality includes various out-of-the-box, standard reports, as well as capabilities for custom reporting.
- Content Framework — The new platform framework in Agile 9 allows customers to synchronize and share enterprise product record information with extended design and manufacturing partner information sources, features designed to enhance communication and collaborative processes across the product lifecycle. It also provides a "live" connection between component product record data and dynamic enterprise, commercial and supplier information through rich content adaptors.
- User Interface Framework — The new version provides a suite of options for users to interact with the Agile application. New predefined portlets expose key services and user interface components in the Agile platform to deliver content or services within customers' portals. Both the HTML browser-based user interface and Java-Web start-based rich client have been enhanced. New to the framework in Agile 9 are viewer APIs, for viewing and editing CAD drawings and models; integration to authoring tools, such as those from Microsoft and Adobe; and integration to products such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project through the Web services architecture.