- Sourcing/Procurement = Better materials and component decisions
- Component quality data obtained from component manufacturers, ensuring that key performance and margin specifications are verified before the production process begins.
- Production = smarter designs that can withstand the rigors of mass assembly
- Assembly test steps — including Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), X-Ray and In-Circuit Testing (ICT) — data, which can be gathered and analyzed to quickly identify process and mechanical design flaws, before they become issues.
- Product test data, which is generated after a series of assembly steps to ensure proper operation of sub assemblies before moving to subsequent assembly steps. This information can assess primary product quality and reliability by analyzing key product parameters including anything from pass/fail to advanced parametric data, and is performed to verify that the products designed are built and operated to intended levels.
- Service/Aftermarket = dependable products that meet real-world use requirements
- Post-sales support and repair center operations data, including reported behavioral problems, component failures, usage feedback and other field exposure results.
A System of Record Ensures Successful NPIs
Setting the Tone for NPI Success
About the Author email@example.com www.cimtek.com