Optimism Propels Renewed Focus on Growth
Seeking Efficiency, Maintaining Discipline
- Cash and working capital management discipline — 79 percent;
- Focus on profitability — 72 percent;
- Balance sheet scrutiny — 70 percent;
- Administrative discipline — 69 percent;
- Project and investment ROI requirements — 69 percent.
Tying Increased Spending to Growth
- 49 percent plan to increase investment in the development of new products and services;
- 46 percent aim to expand through increased sales and marketing activities;31 percent expect to increase investment in M&A activity to drive growth.
- Advertising, marketing and PR (29 percent);
- Labor (28 percent)
- Enterprise-level IT systems (28 percent);
- Computer hardware (24 percent).