- Improved planning and selling through collaboration between retailers and OEM suppliers.
- Reduction in the range of brands per product supported by many retailers.
- Use of e-commerce channels to supplement consumer choices rather than in-store inventory.
- Use of postponement, near-shore manufacturing and improved planning techniques to reduce inventory.
- Retailers are extending promotional periods to capture available spend earlier — many Black Friday offers were available during the entire week this year.
- Apple, Amazon and GameStop were among a number of retailers this year to use their online presence to extend Black Friday and Cyber Monday internationally.
- More retailers are using promotions to drive traffic on a regular basis outside of traditional holiday periods.
About the Author www.moduslink.com
- 6 Keys to the Sustainable Supply Chain Advantage — How to build an atmosphere of constant improvement in the search for supply chain excellence