- Nearly seven out of 10 consumers said they prefer to access their favorite retailer via digital and social channels.
- 50 percent of consumers who use a smartphone make purchases on a smartphone.
- 47 percent want a coupon or promotion sent to their smartphone because the retailer knows they are in the store or nearby.
- 60 percent of consumers who use a tablet make purchases on a tablet.
- 41 percent spend more on mobile websites than online, while 26 percent spend more on mobile apps than online.
Make Returns Policies Transparent
Retailers claim the customer experience no longer ends at checkout. Returns play a significant role in repeat customers, brand loyalty and additional sales. According to the study:
- Returns are on the rise as 62 percent of consumers said they returned an item bought online in 2013 compared to 51 percent in 2012.
- 66 percent of online shoppers said they review a retailer’s return policy before making a purchase compared to 63 percent in 2012.
- 74 percent said a hassle-free returns policy impacts their decision to shop with a retailer for the first time.
- 64 percent said they would recommend a retailer to a friend if that retailer offers a hassle-free returns policy.