As the senior executive in charge of corporate purchasing, Schuman is responsible for defining and implementing strategic sourcing decisions overall within DG3. His strategy is straightforward as implementation of a strategic sourcing methodology is key to DG3’s long-term success. The essential element of the methodology is “right” supplier base. Competitive supplier selection is an iterative process. The approach DG3 takes allows Schuman and the company to build a fact base; formulate a strategy; generate requirements; and negotiate pricing.
Chris S. Connor, Director and General Manager, Hy-Tek Material Handling Inc.
At Hy-Tek Material Handling, Connor is responsible for operational problem analysis; solutions design; sourcing; integration; installation; training; and on-going support for their supply chain distribution clients. His strategy is to have supply chain functions provide a significant impact on both lowering costs and providing better customer service by first becoming efficient throughout the distribution channel; and secondly, by meeting challenging customer demands with automated and innovative custom services and error-free deliverables. Only by differentiating from the competition can suppliers earn loyalties and increased profits. Connor was also appointed by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce to advocate actions that result in job creation, business investment and a strong economy in Ohio.
Sam Bethea, Vice President, Process Excellence, SDI Inc.
Bethea drives continuous improvement activities and delivers best results to SDI clients. With responsibilities that include field support, training and managing the nationalized network of over 20 reliability engineers throughout the US, Canada and Mexico, Sam and his team work to find value in—and improve upon—the supply chain of each client.
More Practitioner Pros to Know
• Adventist Health System
Team Leader: Celeste West, Vice President of Supply Chain Management
Team Members: Carole Owens, Director, iSynergy Supply Chain; Derek Stewart, Director, Supply Chain Support Services
• Martin G. VanTrieste, SVP, Quality, Amgen
• Shekar Natarajan, Senior Director of Supply Chain Planning, Anheuser Busch
• Rob Van Etten, President and CEO, Brighton Cromwell LLC
• Patrick Bower, Senior Director, Corporate Planning and Customer Service, Combe Inc.
• Jessica Sanchez, Sourcing Systems Manager, C.R. Bard
• Brad Tallman, Senior Director of Supply Chain Operations, Cisco Systems
• Christopher Irion, CEO, e-Cycle LLC
• John P. Willi, Senior Director, Supply Chain Management, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Inc.
• Jim McCarthy, Senior Director of US Procurement, Equifax
• Ray Fattore, Procurement Director of Vehicles and Parts, FirstGroup America
• Mike Oswalt, Procurement Systems, Fluor
• Paul L Romano, COO, Fusion WorldWide
• Tunir Chatterjee, Vice President, Consulting Services, GEP
• Hennepin County Medical Center
Team Leader: Matthew Werder, Director, Supply Chain Resources and Contracting
Team Members: Jess Becker; Doug Lowe; Yogi Ohneswere; Tom Stang
• Honeywell Aerospace
Team Leader: Jeffrey Wincel, Vendor Managed Inventory
Team Members: Khalid Amer; Jeremy Baich; Eric Clepper; Cassandra Fleetwood; Jannette Klebenow; Steve Lenzo
• Industrial Scientific
Team Leader: Michael Evans, Director of Global Supply Chain
Team Members: Chris Allen; Tim Davis; Toni Dunn; Mark Hamilton; Kelli Pingley; Evelyne Rivera; Shelly Schaaf; Sourendra Sharma; Linda Shi; Traci Trew
•Han Kieftenbeld, Chief Procurement Officer, Ingredion Inc.
• Zach Parham, General Manager, J&P Cycles
• Keith Nash, Vice President, Supply Chain Logistics, Lennox International
• Brian Leinbach, SVP of Systems Development and Field Services, Macy’s Inc.
• Paul Johnson, Vice President, Global Supply Chain Plan Process, Momentive Specialty Chemicals
• Steven M. Foster, Lead Procurement Quality Assurance, Dryden Flight Research Center, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
• Nokia Siemens Networks: Team Leader: Pramod Singhal, Head of Category Group, DEW Global OPS Global Procurement; Team Members: Pia Ahlgren, Training and Communications; Andras Bodori, Concept Owner; Oliver Cufflin, Deployment Manager; Siddhartha Ghosh, Program Manager; Navneet Kumar, Tempus Reporting Guru; Prashant Singh, Concept Owner
• Dave Abeloe, Distribution Center Director, Patagonia
• Navin Lal, Commercial Analyst, SCA Hygiene Australasia - Fiji