- The combination of business processes and technology enablers that may change their businesses and how they see their customers. They may finally be able to "see" their customers.
- A means of creating or refining the competitive advantage.
- Not a simple undertaking but one that can be very profitable if the commitment in the enterprise is there.
- The missing cog in the corporate "information technology machine." Integration with ERP and other mission-critical systems will fill the information gap for many organizations.
- An important element to the overall supply chain, demand chain and "value" chain equation.
Scott Weeklund and Tom Utecht are senior consultants for PRAGMATEK Consulting Group, a leading e-business and management consulting firm based in Minneapolis.