- Decentralized reporting: HR had to pull separate reports to account for contract worker spend, headcount or total workforce costs;
- Processes for procuring contract workers were decentralized;
- Challenging HR and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance issues; and,
- A supplier base that had not been optimized.
Apply a phased approach and accommodate evolving business needs
Proactively communicate to effectively manage change
Institute a flexible program structure to preserve cultural nuances
- Centralized reporting and data for better visibility and management;
- Improved contracts with suppliers as a result of greater leverage;
- Auditable, time-stamped transactions across all contingent labor; and,
- Consolidated invoice and payment process.
About the Authors